16.11.13

Unloved...

5th of September since I made my last post; I don't think I would have made a great deal of sense if I kept posting anyway, looking back over my blog really did illuminate how whimsical and silly my choice of words was still is.

To compress events into a nutshell (Why not just say "long story short?", oh yeah, it would be derivative... and dull), I have been job hunting for the past months and have finally landed a Christmas temp job at BHS:  Simply put, I pull trolleys out, stack shelves, retrieve stuph from the stockroom, repeat.  Occasionally there is a customer query or Fitting Room duty where I can stand there and just exist in between dealing with customers; try it sometime, just stand somewhere alone or lie down with your arm over your eyes (my preferred napping method) and let you and your mind just be.

It's an okay job, but I didn't count on how it tires you out - I don't feel as exhausted after a long walk, cycling 10 miles and back to towns you haven't even seen in nearly a decade or even taking the train to Hull...  from Camberley.  It's bizarre to think that raw enthusiasm can dull the weariness from virtually anything you feel passionate about, whereas after a "regular" job your first instinct is to just crash in bed and watch NerdCubed.  Yeah, not a great endorsement there, but there is one major reason why I took it up:  to give my projects a sorely-needed shot-in-the-arm.

Like playing "Engagement Ring Extortion Hunt"!
In all seriousness though, I really need to increase the scope of my work.  Incidentally I completely failed to divulge the business idea my pal DigiShark along with me and another friend went into:  Kryian Cases.  Basically we decided to start a PC Case business and we were all eager to get going, me especially given my sore need for a new PC case.

It may not have cable-routing holes or a even enough width to house my CPU cooler with the side window on the inside, but it has A SHAPEWAYS SPARK!!!
To cut to the chase, we floundered because we were stupid with our money; rather humourously this is resulted in the threat of debt collectors on DigiShark's doorstep since he owes them money for the storage unit we rented.  The point is that I really feel I can take up the gauntlet (famous last words), not necessarily with PC cases but in other fields like my Tawe_TMD Shapeways operation, although my favourite idea of the moment is to develop R/C Aircraft plans and sell them online along with laser-cut wood packs on Ebay (probably through the Tawe_TMD ebay page since it ought to be used for something, right?).

I've run into a bit of a rut with respect to Tawe_TMD, I've discovered that copying plan views of carriages into 3D models for eventual printing is not something I want to be doing as my main source of income - 2 to 6 hours a week is where I'll draw the line since I need to make room for other business operations.  I think it is that I lack an outlet for my creativity in this line of work given that all I need to do is follow a plan.  Designing R/C aircraft will hopefully allow me to express both my imagination and my skills in creating aircraft, and I can finally transition properly from X-Plane 10 to real life; prepare for Eldritch Abominations that somehow fly in spite of their freakish forms!

Whew!  If you've stayed with me through this self-absorbed expulsion of literary gas I'm impressed with you, impressed enough to treat you to the adorable dog Ruby nuzzling under a sofa cover:

No comments:

Post a Comment