2.5.13

Shapeways: Incidental thoughts on my new faith

The arrival of my stunning new items from shapeways has prompted me to post about it...  nope, that's a lie - what actually prompted me is a stray thought from my grasshopper mind which goes like this:  Many women say there are no good men left, equally many men claim there are no good women left; so what is stopping us from outright saying "all people are bastards and that's all we are!"?  The answer may be obvious, but hold that thought...

Anyway, onto the matter at hand, my reception of my first 3D printed objects from Shapeways, my new temple :)
Yep, that clear plastic bunker has fire ports and stairs!
I won't go into too much detail about these objects since I have them for sale on shapeways here:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/Tawe_TMD
Nevertheless, I feel it necessary to divulge my future plans for Tawe TMD in terms of 3D printing:


Short Term Goals


  1. Add many buildings to my site - at 10% markup a €15 building fetches around €1.50, though stock does not present a problem since the storage is digital and models are made to order, so even I can eventually build up quite a collection of 'stock'
  2. Add some actual train models - this is where I really want to go with Tawe TMD, producing locomotive body shells at first, moving on to making chassis parts and eventually entire kits, which will probably be sold though my Ebay shop
  3. Add R/C aircraft parts - I have an idea for a side business where I make plans for R/C aircraft costing around £5-10 inc P&P, perhaps even free to download; then I can host the detail parts on Shapeways so that model builders may, if they choose to, add detail to their aircraft
As you can see, I fucking worship 3D printing now, I think of the days when we can print our own stuff like bicycles, cars, houses, perhaps even lovers?

Yeah, lovers which we can print out around an android shell with the body type and assorted features we fetishize.  This brings up a bizarre and potentially dangerous thought:  What will happen to human sexuality when love-droids become both ubiquitous and fully customizable?  Will we stop mating with real humans and send our gametes to an organization which not only births the children, but raises them too?  Blimey, that is a terrifying thought, especially when politics wade in...

Told you I was grasshopper minded ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment